Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Quilts at the Morrisburg Antique Show

Here are some interesting quilt-related items I saw at an outdoor antique show in Morrisburg, ON last weekend.

An interesting combination of boxes - fabric and embalming fluid!
This framed Mola (approximately 18" x 24") was priced about $100.

An old thread cabinet

I was fascinated with this quilt priced at $125. The individual blocks were about 4" square and were combined to make nine-patch blocks. It reminded me of the Dear Jane style of quilt.

The pink gingham was maybe not the best choice of colour for the sashing and border, but it all added to the charm of this quilt.

1 comment:

Janet Rice-Bredin said...

Jean, this quilt is a marvel. I'm working on a 9 patch exchange with 3" blocks, and I really respect the quilter who put this gem together.