Monday, October 6, 2008

Back Home Again

I have just returned after 2 wonderful weeks touring Scotland and Ireland. I was fortunate to meet with 2 Irish quilters who live in Dublin. They were introduced to me by Tricia Sherman, producer of the Great Canadian Shop Hop. Kelly and her friend were at the hotel to meet me when I arrived in Dublin. We only had a short time to visit, but quilting is certainly alive and well in Ireland. There are very few quilting or patchwork shops but there are some people who sell quilting supplies from their homes. There are also several quilting exhibitions held each year.

I took some Canadian Quilter magazines with me for my new Irish friends and they had brought me the latest issue of the Irish Patchwork Society magazine. You can read more about their Society here.

No comments: