Monday, December 15, 2008

Christine's Quilt

I received 8 fat quarters from Christine to use for her Fibre Friends quilt. We exchange the fabric in February and have until December to finish the quilt. I started my quilt during the first week in December. Didn't want to rush things!

I have been using the Kaleidoscope Kreator software to create Kaleidoscope designs and decided to use some of these kaleidoscopes in Christine's quilt. I scanned this fabric from Christine's collection.

From the scans, I used the Kaleidoscope Kreator software to create the designs shown below. I sized them so they would be 3.5" squares and then printed them on EQ Printables fabric sheets. I could then cut out the squares, leaving a 1/4" seam allowance all around, and use them like any other piece of fabric. I printed a total of 12 kaleidoscope squares, all different, to use as the block centres.


And here is the finished quilt!

1 comment:

Susan Purney Mark said...

Jean, its so nice to see all the familiar faces in your pictures. I miss you guys!