Thursday, January 22, 2009

Road to California Quilt Show

My friend, Patty Latourell, has just found out that she won the Judge's Choice Award at the Road to California Quilt Show for her antique linen whole-cloth quilt. Here is Patty's Artist Statement:

I was inspired by last year's Featured Artist Cindy Needham and her display of antique linens. My mother had done cutwork on linen and her pieces were handed down to me in 1970. I'm not sure she worked the flowers on this small luncheon cloth, but I enjoyed working on this piece in her memory.

Click here to see all the winners from this prestigious show.

If you are interested in working with antique linens, click here to visit Cindy Needham's Blog. Cindy has some great close-up views of Patty's quilt.

Congratulations, Patty!

No comments: