Thursday, June 10, 2010

What a Week!

The painters arrived last Friday and stripped the wallpaper from 2 bedrooms and sanded and refinished one floor. The painting is almost finished and the furniture that is now everywhere upstairs can soon be put back.

I had cataract surgery on Tuesday and Thursday and now have 2 new eyes! Hopefully they will start to work together again soon.

This week I also finished designs for 3 new fabric collections from Northcott.

Friday, June 11 is the opening of the Art in the City Studio Tour show at the Marianne Van Silfhout Gallery at St. Lawrence College in Brockville. For those of you who are in the area, please stop by from 5 - 7 pm to meet the artists on the tour, have a sneak preview of their work and enjoy some delicious munchies.

Next week I have to organize my quilts for the Art in the City Tour and get them ready to hang at the Brockville Museum. The studio tour is from 10 - 5 on Saturday, June 19 and Sunday, June 20. Please stop by and say hello! I will be sharing the Museum space with basket maker, Gwyn Marriott and bird carvers, Bob Orr and Ray Tourangeau. There are 26 artists working in a variety of styles and mediums located in various studios throughout the city of Brockville.

And then I think I will take a rest!

No comments: