Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New Fabrics for Spring

I am starting to work on my new pattern designs for the International Spring Quilt Market to be held in May in Portland, Oregon (sneak previews coming up soon!). In looking over the new spring fabrics, I noticed how many stripes and dots there are. I have put pictures of some of the new fabrics I will be using on this post. The striped fabrics are especially effective when used for bindings and borders.

Botanical Pop by Windham Fabrics

Strawberry Lemonade by Moda

Seems Like Old Times by Northcott

Bubbles and Blooms by Northcott

The newest Fabric Trends magazine has also featured black and white fabrics in the whole issue of the magazine. I was happy to see that, because I started a black and white quilt last November and haven't got back to it yet. Now I am inspired to finish that one as well. My black and white quilt will combine piecing and embroidery (sneak preview of that one coming soon too!).

So much fabric - so little time!

1 comment:

Janet Rice-Bredin said...

Hey Jean I like the Northcott fabrics. Looks like they would work with my Floral Celebrations pattern!

Janet