Saturday, February 16, 2008

Flea Market Finds

I spent this morning at a huge flea market at Mount Dora in Florida. The temperature was 75 degrees (that’s 24 degrees C for my Canadian friends). Of course I am always drawn to the textile and photograph booths (more instant ancestors just waiting to be found!). I love using vintage linens and combining photographs with them in my quilts.

I also found some costume jewelry that I’m sure I can use for embellishments. I have been asked to do a Christmas project for a magazine that will be published in the Fall, and as soon as I saw the tray full of Christmas jewelry, I started thinking of how I could use it in my project.

I hope you enjoy looking at the pictures of some of these Flea Market finds. No, I did not buy everything you see in the pictures!






No comments: