Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hang Ups

I have a large collection of old photographs which I enjoy using in my quilts. I have collected these pictures over the years at flea markets and antique shows. Friends have given me pictures of long forgotten relatives as well. I refer to this collection as my "instant ancestors" because I have no idea who any of these people are either!

When I published the "Hang Ups" series of patterns last fall, I used many of these photographs by printing them on fabric (EQ Printables is my favourite product to use) and then incorporating them into the design. I decided that there should be information about the picture on the back of each little quilt, and so I had a wonderful time making up stories of my instant ancestors. The story labels were printed on fabric, just as the pictures were.

For the "More Hang Ups" pattern, I made a little pocket on the back of the quilt, printed the story on fabric, and then made a separate little "postcard" to slip in the pocket.


Hang Ups Pattern #327


Even More Hang Ups Pattern #329


More Hang Ups Pattern #328

No comments: