Saturday, February 9, 2008

"Reading" While Sewing

I often listen to books on CD while I am sewing. For the past couple of days I have been sewing bindings on samples made from my "Hang-Ups" series of patterns. This is pretty mindless work, so it is always nice to have a good book to listen to while working. This week I have been listening to "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini who is also the author of "The Kite Runner". It is a fascinating story of life in Afghanistan during the last thirty years. Although the book is a work of fiction, it is based on fact. If you enjoyed either the book or movie, "The Kite Runner", I would certainly recommend this latest book by Hosseini.

I am also enjoying working with the new spring fabrics. We have had so much snow and ice here this winter, it is a pleasure to see something bright and cheerful. I especially like using the popular striped fabrics for the bindings. The fabrics used in these samples are from the new Strawberry Lemonade and Swell fabric collections by Moda.


No comments: