Thursday, April 17, 2008

New Products from the Chicago Quilt Festival

I discovered several new products at Quilt Festival last week. Although not brand new to the market, they were new to me.

Kaleidoscope Kreator allows you to create beautiful, one-of-a-kind kaleidoscope designs from your own photos with just a few clicks of your mouse! You can then print the designs on fabric using a product such as EQ Printables fabric sheets and incorporate them into a quilt. I have had this programme since Version 1, but Version 2 along with the new template packs and a project CD were all new to me. Be sure to check out this website if you enjoy creating memory quilts as much as I do.

Fusible thread from Superior Threads has all kinds of uses including binding and applique. Look here for some great tips on using this product.



Because I use a lot of lace and trims in my memory quilts, I was very excited to see the new products that are available for dyeing lace. There were several booths at Quilt Festival selling paints and dyes for fabric and lace. I bought this set from Sara's Bloom along with 3 different brushes. This technique of dyeing lace will be perfect for my newest pattern, Portraits in Lace, because it will allow me to dye the lace to match the fabrics.


As always, way too much fun stuff to try and not enough time!


No comments: