Wednesday, March 11, 2009

African Adventures

Recently I have been making small wall hangings using the embroideries that I purchased from South Africa. Here are some pictures of 2 of them.

Yesterday I put this picture in the Daily Photograph section of my Blog. The picture was taken from the bus window during a recent trip to South Africa. The child was standing on the highway in the Soweto area of Johannesburg.

Now I have made a wall hanging using the same design that I used for the embroideries. This project has taken on a life of its own!

I have decided to make these designs into a new pattern that will be available soon on my website. (Suggestions for a title for this new pattern will be gratefully received!) I will be adding one more design that uses a photograph that will fit in a little pocket on the front so it can be changed whenever you wish. This will be similar to the "Pop-Out Picture Quilts" that are on my web site now. Watch for more information coming soon.

No comments: