Monday, January 21, 2008

Photographs on Fabric

Printing photographs on fabric has never been easier! Many of my patterns feature this technique and I will be giving you more information about it in the next few days.


If you can print from your computer on a piece of paper, then you can print on fabric. Specially treated fabric is available in many quilt shops. The fabric comes in a variety of sizes, but 8 1/2" x 11" seems to be the most common, and, of course, is the same size as a piece of letter paper.


My favourite product is made by the Electric Quilt Company. It is called EQ Printables and comes in 3 different weights. I use the Cotton Satin most of the time because of its high thread count.


Be sure to look at the EQ web site for more information and also check this blog as well. I will be giving you lots of hints for printing on fabric in the next few weeks!


Here is a picture of a photo quilt I just made for a friend who travelled to South Africa with me in November. More information about this quilt will be coming soon too.

No comments: